Saturday, February 15, 2014

Winter Reading Challenge




Read two books, finished one and started a third.

Survival Lessons by Alice Hoffman

   A book about what Hoffman learned after surviving cancer, but ultimately a how to live well guide.  And it includes this recipe for brownies which are simply heavenly.

An American Bride in Kabul by Phyllis Chesler

   Wasn't too fond of this one...it rambled too much and frankly, the author is a bit whiny.

Kaspar the Titanic Cat by Michael Morpurgo

   Late elementary fiction. A sweet story.

Mindful Yoga, Mindful Life by Charlotte Bell.

   I underlined much, and will refer to this book often.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love reading your book lists. Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite authors, but I haven't read Survival Lessons. I'm going to try that brownie recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails