Wednesday, June 25, 2014

In the Land of the Royals

We celebrated two major milestones last week with a trip to London and Istanbul. Last October we hit 20 years of marriage and in April my husband turned 50. This first set of pictures is from London. My favorite place in the city was Hyde Park. Ironically, I don't have any pictures from there. My second favorite place we visited was Windsor Castle, which is actually in Windsor, about 30 minutes by train from the city. Our time in London was enjoyable, if busy. Much time spent on the London Underground (my least favorite place) getting from one place to another. I love the way the Brits talk, not just the accent, but their lyrical way with words. The food, however, left much to be desired, except the French pastry shop! Their palates are a little too bland for me. And they don't believe in cold beverages!! This Texan got more than one funny look after asking for a cup of ice. Enjoy the sights.



Westminster Cathedral

 
Westminster Interior



 
Turret at Windsor Castle

 
Windsor Castle

 
Tower of London

 
Tower Bridge

 
Chelsea FC stadium

 
Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace

 
The iconic fish and chips, which I could not bring myself to eat.

 
French pastries, which I had no trouble eating.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails