Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Daybook Entry for September 1

Thank you to Peggy at The Simple Woman for hosting the Daybook.
 
For Today... 
 
It was a busy day with a meeting for Master Wellness Volunteer group. We are planning a cooking school to take place later this month.

Outside my window...

Big, puffy white clouds in a big, blue Texas sky.

I am thinking...

How grateful I am that tomorrow will be a day at home.

I am thankful...

That I finally have the opportunity to get more involved with my community.

I am wearing...

A floral linen tank top and long, black skirt.

I am creating...

Glue book pages and lots of adult coloring. I am also painting a large shadow box shelf thing my dad built for me to house my rooster collection above my kitchen cabinets.

I am going...

Nowhere...after two busy days I'm home for the day.

I am wondering...

If the school bond election will pass in November, and how our district will cope if it doesn't.

I am reading...
 
The Sea Garden by Marcia Willetts


 
I am hoping...

That bond passes!! It's much on my mind as we met this week to talk about events and activities to get the vote out.

I am learning...

All kinds of interesting things about my new neighborhood and community.

In my kitchen...
 
Dinner tonight will be diced chicken, sautéed with red pepper and onion. I will then add a can of Trader Joe's Toscano Marinara and serve over pasta. Adding broccoli at the end.

 
A favorite quote for today...
 
Not a quote, but the beginning of a poem I saw on Facebook this morning. It's from Rachel Macy Stafford and you can find the whole poem at The Huffington Post. It resonates deeply with me.
 
I Am My Response I am my response to my child's mismatched outfit and the crumpled report card at the bottom of her backpack.
I am my response to my spouse who returned from the store without toilet paper but remembered the tailgate snacks.
I am my response to my anxious parent who repeats the same worries and insists on giving me coupons I do not need.
I am my response to my colleague with sad eyes and frequent absences.
I am my response to my 15-minutes-late hairdresser with a sick child.
I am my response to my neighbor with heart-heavy problems and little family support.
I am my response to the irate driver who cut me off and made an obscene gesture in
front of my children.
I am my response to the waitress who got my order wrong.
I am my response to myself when I forgot the one thing I most needed to do today.
I am my response to spilled coffee, long lines and middle-of-the-night wake-ups.
My responses are not perfect... they are not always ideal... I am human, after all.
 
 
A peek into one of my days...
 
 
Reading, writing and capturing the sun.

 
One of my favorite things...

My daily walk. It keeps me sane.
 
 
Post Script
 
I want to ask for prayers for someone I don't actually know. Her name is Shawna. She was severely injured in a car accident last Monday. Her friend, Joe, was driving the car. Joe and I were neighbors growing up. Please say a prayer not only for Shawna, but also Joe's children, Shelby and Jason, and his sister Marla.

2 comments:

Happyone said...

I know what you mean about your walk. : ) So very true for me too.
I've said a prayer for them all.

Ms Howtheylived said...

Your clothes sound so wonderful! I like your notebook photo. Have a good month.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails